Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our society today


Hello there! My names Lara, I'm going to be posting about my opinions and things that relate to real life aswell as stardoll. I may do some make-up tutorials though :) I hate introductory posts so i'm just going to get on with my post! :)

This post is about our society today, and how everyone is heavily criticized. I was inspired by this status that one of my friends put on facebook - 

You eat, your fat - you don't eat, you're a freak.
You drink, your an alcoholic - you don't drink, you're a pussy.
You read, your a nerd - you don't read, you're stupid .
You let someone in, your easy - you don't let them in, your uptight.
You smoke, you think your cool - you don't smoke, you're a loser.
You've had sex, your a slut - you haven't had sex, you're frigid.
Wear make up, your a slag - you don't wear make up, you're ugly

This is saying that you can't win in your life and you'll never be perfect. Children are infuenced to grow up quickly. Children as young as eight are wearing make-up yet they have no need for it. I'm 12 and in my year, most people wear proper make-up to school. I wear mascara and a little powder. 

Young girls are pressured to wear make-up and then they over-do it therefore they get called 'slags' and 'sluts'. 

Vogue shoot - a bad example to young girls?


Issues such as anorexia have been caused by young people who are a little overweight or curvy being called 'fat'. People have lost their self-confidence. Being a 12 year-old girl in this society, i can tell you that you think its important how you look in this society. You hide any insecurities about yourself and lose your self-confidence. You want to be like those 'popular' girls.



We always want to change ourselves and parts of our body. Me, for instance, when i was younger i fell over and my front toot fell out. Unfortunately it was a adult tooth so its been stuck back in because i can't have a root canal filling until i'm 18. There is now a grey bit on the top of the tooth, i want that to disappear but i can't make it disappear, can i?

Emo/scene girl

The girl above would be seen as 'weird'. Her style wouldn't be accepted in our society. The pressure to look 'perfect' is overwhelming. Media is the main influence of these insecurities. Magazines and photos are edited to make the person look better yet most people don't realize this. Therefore they result to extreme measures to look as good as the people in the pictures. The problem is that the people in the pictures are just as 'imperfect' as everyone else. One girl even resulted to editing pictures of herself to make her look better. Nobody in our society can see the true beauty, just the beauty that is advertised. 

*CREDIT TO EXTRAVAGANCE STARDOLL*

Stardoll has its faults too. All its face shapes and face features are all so typically 'perfect'. The only blemishes on the skin you can get are freckles and moles, no red patches, dry patches or spots. Although the body sizes are good as they are typically curvy, not too skinny. I saw one girl complaining that the body shapes weren't 'skinny enough'. I was shocked, how has this girl been influenced?

Anyway, to wrap this post up, everyone in our world is highly criticized and its not right. People, especially teen girls, are very insecure about themselves and how they look.

*I was also inspired to write this by bracken1234's post on inbetween stardoll*

~LolLara123~
Telling it how it is

7 comments:

  1. really good post! it is really hard to live in this society now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I like your banner, but you didn't make, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im 12 to. I cant leave the house without Mascara and Eyeliner because I dont feel confident without it.. weird i know. I find it over the top that girls in my year (11-12 year olds) wear piles of foundation and powder. I don't wear that because apparently I wont get spots cus I have dry skin and eczema. Still they look stupid. This one girl who used to be my best friend and is now a slag, PUTS LOADS AND LOADS ON! She's pale and she loves the way she looks cus she has long bleached blonde hair and and orange face because of all the make-up. I would kill to be pale but she used to say she was jealous cus I was tanned. We all are not happy about the way we look... except her.. stuck up brat.
    Sorry for the worthless comment ^.^

    This was a really good post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post. Totally agree with it. Being 14, many girls in my grade (14-16) wear makeup. It may seem surprising, but I wear... NONE. I think I look perfectly fine without any makeup, and also confident. Not to say that wearing makeup is bad (well, wearing too much is); I totally understand why you wear it. And yes, people nowadays are way too judgmental about others, judging others by just how they look. It's like that old saying - "Don't judge a book by its cover." It may not look too good on the outside, but there are amazing wonderful things on the inside. Just stick on a smile, and show the world that you don't care what they think about you! Self-confidence is key here. Be yourself, and don't be afraid to stick out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, i got the hair on my banner off of i-dressup. My friends wear lots of make-up too but i have dry skin :L

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also 12 but the only time I wear makeup is for, like my birthday and new years eve! (and sometimes also to birthday parties). I go to school with 13-14 year olds (don't ask why, it's a long story) and all the girls in my class wear makeup except me. I am not judged for it, it doesn't really matter.

    ReplyDelete