Monday, April 30, 2012

OVEREXPOSED - Scuba dress


This is my first overexposed article and i'm kicking it off with a post about the scuba dress. if you don't know what the scuba dress is, search it up. I'm not going into massive detail over it. It's practically the most sought after item in Stardoll, its from the first collection of DKNY.



The reason this dress is overexposed is because this dress is pretty standard. Out of a crowd of clothes i wouldn't pick it out. Of course, because its a scuba dress, lots of people, myself included, would love to have it. Honestly, I wouldn't pay 500SD's for this dress. Its not actually that nice. I don't know how it became a very sought after dress, did someone just turn around one day and go, "Hey, let make that DKNY scuba dress really rare and lusted after, just for the laughs." I'm sure if society had said that when it was out, everyone would've raced to get it. 

Then again, all rares are sort of overexposed, but i'm no stranger to them. If i can get my hands on them, i will, but i only buy them because it makes you feel 'higher in stardoll society'. After i buy a 'rare' or 'hotbuy' or something, i think to myself, its just a game, why does buying this pixel, non-existent piece of clothing feel good. Then again, i feel good when i get a rate higher than 7 on facebook, nobody can give anybody lower that 7 though, that's plain rude.

Back on subject, i hate it when people are like "Hey, guess what, I've got a DKNY dress, i'm so cool."
No, your not cool, its a pixel dress in a pixel, online world. Nobody cares in real life. You can't get in a job interview and be like this - 

Interviewer - So what achivements have you colleceted in life?
You - I actually got a ELLE jacket on stardoll, it was pure lushness and i was really cool on stardoll. I even won covergirl once. I was really proud of myself when i got best designer aswell.
Interviewer - Isn't stardoll and online website?

Do not get me started on covergirl. To be fair, you'd be pretty pleased if you got it but its just a status, its nothing big. Now i'm going off topic but seriously, the scuba dress is overexposed and i'm SICK of it.

So my next overexposed post is either going to be over-dramatic people or facebook depressing statuses. I know its supposed to be stardoll overexposed posts but both occur on stardoll. Also, comment with post suggestions and OVEREXPOSED post suggestions. Also, i'm trying to get better at graphics so comment with  tips or tutorials if possible, thanks. :)

5 comments:

  1. No offence, but this post isn't exactly telling us why it's overexposed, just telling us how much you think it is, then going on about how you hate a lot of things. Sorry. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was following Kingsleyys style, and the reason its overexposed is because its expensive and not that nice and people still really want to have it. I thought i got the point across but i suppose some people might not understand what i mean. Thanks for the pointer, i'll make sure to address the issue in further posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is so true! I feel exactly the same way! Maybe you should do it about the high demand in stuff like LE and how everyone goes crazy over it :L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose i sort of adressed that topic in this post, but i could cover it further another time! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's expensive because it's very rare.

    ReplyDelete