Thursday, May 17, 2012

How to Plan an Outfit


Hi everyone! So today's post is for new-ish users who aren't quite sure how to put together an outifit. So I'll make two, and they will be in full Starcoins!

I will be using a key-peice, and creating my first outfit around this, but my second outfit will just be how to use colours differently, and where.

Step 1. Pick your key piece! You want it to be something colourful, heavily patterned or an unusual fabric for it to stand out. For my first outfit, my key-piece is this gorgeous Bonjour Bizou flower power clutch! >>>>>

Step 2. Next we need to decide which colour we are going to pick for the colour of the top. You want to pick a colour from the clutch, so that the two peices are connected. I chose a dress, and am wearing it as a top. It's the Voile beaded chiffon minidress.


Step 3. Now it's time to choose your bottoms. There are endless possibilities! Again, you want to pick a colour from your key piece, but if you picked a bright colour for your top, it's best to pick a neutral or light colour for your pants (unless you want to colour block, and that's only for the very brave!). I have chosen It Girls blushed tapered trousers. I picked the pink out of the flower on the bottom left, and I chose trousers because they are going to be HOT in 2012!
Photo Source:stylishcube.com

Step 4. Finally, we accessorize! Remember, use only key colours - adding more colours will only make your outfit confusing.





The finished result...
Outifit 1.                                                                                                                      and Outfit 2.




Tips:
-Avoid using two dark colours together (e.g. Dark top + dark bottoms). It sucks the life out of your outfit. Instead use a dark and a light colour, or two light colours together.
-Try not to use gold AND silver accessories. Pick either one depending on the colours in your outfit.
-If in doubt keep it simple!
-Matching shoes and bags ties the outfit together perfectly!

That's about it!
Hope I have helped any new (or experienced) Stardolls!

Comment what you'd like to see next!

 <3 x.Bec.x










2 comments: