Sunday, June 17, 2012

Improvise


Improvise: to compose and perform or deliver without previous preparation

It is a word many bloggers don't even know they do a lot of the time. We improvise and write what we are thinking at the moment in time. A spur of the moment. Even writing this, I am improvising, making up sentences on the spot.

Now, what would we actually do without improvisation? We would have very single detail planned out to be perfect. Yet, there is no such thing as perfect. Take a recipe for example. The instructions are easy and we are told to follow them to get the perfect product. You may find that you might not have everything that the instructions have told you, so you improvise or experiment. In the end you come out with a beautiful cake or pan of bread. You realise that things are better when you improvise.

I, myself, am quite organised but I find that when I improvise, everything, most of the time, is better than I planned.

Basically, what I'm saying is that, don't be afraid to improvise, a spur of the moment can be the best thing that will happen to you. It depends on what you choose.

Niamh x

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Totally believe about that. I do it almost all the time, hoping for whatever it is to turn out alright. Like my favorite painter of all time said (Bob Ross, by the way); "There are no mistakes, only happy accidents."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I always improvise and my posts turn out better!

    ReplyDelete