Sunday, July 22, 2012

Music


Hello!

This post is going to talk about my tastes in music. Please don't be offended if I diss Bieber or 1D or anyone else. 

I just also want to say that I'm not trying to be hipster in liking mostly indie music. Foster the People is my favorite indie band, even though they're quite famous. Pop music just isn't my thing.

So yes - indie music of all types is what I listen to constantly. I listen to so many obscure bands/singers that most of my friends don't know. For example - Young the Giant, Two Door Cinema Club, Phoenix, Kimbra. 

I just think that whatever's hot in the Top 40 is just way too manufactured. Some songs just sound way too...fake. Take a look at One Direction. They were put together on the X Factor. It's not like they were lifelong buds or anything. Very produced. And their songs....don't get me started. Really. I've already offended tons of you out there. I just don't connect with their music. I get no meaning out of it other than the obviously stated ones. 

Take a look at Foster the People's "Call it What you Want". It's basically about being yourself. "...locked up in ideas; we like to label everything...", "...if it don't conform to what you were born into you run the other way...", and "...what I've got can't be bought...".  Tons of quotes I record come from songs like these.

There is so much music out there. Whether it be punk rock, country, alternative, or indie - it's your choice what you want to listen to. Music is so amazing, if we didn't have it, I'm pretty sure someone would find a way to make it or else I would not survive this world. [:

Anyways - I am currently uber obsessed with Two Door Cinema Club right now. And apparently, they're quite popular in Ireland/UK. 

And now here's some songs I think you should hear:


2DCC - "What You Know"


FTP - "Call it What you Want"


Kimbra - "Settle Down"

Sure, these songs are a bit more well known, but they're still amazingly good.

Well, have a nice day. [:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anna! I saw you make graphic and I'm wondering if you would like to be a part of the staff on my magazine. You can make graphics and write or just make graphics. So if you would like to my username is ask510

    ReplyDelete